A lot of new stuff released today:
1. version 220.127.116.11 of BricxCC is online
2. new beta of NBC - version 1.0.1.b5 (binaries for Mac OSX and Linux up later today)
3. NBC samples page - two new zips: (1) contains a few simple xamples of controlling NXT motors using the Tachometer limit feature (two examples by Philo) and (2) NXTlib.zip containing library code (by Joe Kinsella)
4. latest BricxCC sourcecode
5. sourcecode for NBC is finally available
Find more details here. Some items might be located elsewhere, so please post comments if I've got the URL wrong or if you know the correct ones... thanks.