Got an email from Joel Greenberg who is sharing a podcast he created that contains an interview with Soren about Mindstorms. From the email:
"With Soren, I interviewed Ray Almgren, National Instrument's VP of Product Marketing at the NI User's Conference last month. I put together this piece to show that actively engaging Lead Users in product development ends up being a similar mindset to using viral and community marketing. More so than the Wired story on Mindstorms last February, I tried to get Soren and Ray to talk about why they did what they did, including why Soren emphasises viral marketing over mass advertising. We talk about:
- How they used Lead Users in design.
- Why Lego turns to their community for marketing.
- How Lund sold the idea of using Lead Users to upper managment.
- How to make something viral.
- How to deal with the lawyers. "
Check it out here.
You can also find it on iTunes - do a search for "friends talking podcast"