The guys from leJOS NXJ, the Open Source Java platform for the NXT, have published the new beta release 0.5.
Prominent changes and new features are:
- Support for Macintosh OSX (USB only so far)
- Support for many third party sensors and adapters
- Greatly improved Bluetooth support including multiple connections and power
- RCX comms using Mindsensors NRLink adapter
- Garbage collector
- Improved Ultrasonic sensor support
- Execution of code from flash
- Automatic defrag of file system
- Remote monitoring and tracing over Bluetooth
- Remote debugging (tracing) over USB
- Faster and more accurate Motor regulation
- Speed improvements
ps. An updated version of the Eclipse plugin for leJOS NXJ will be provided soon.