Syngress has a book listed for release in June 2008 called "Programming Lego Mindstorms NXT" written by Owen Bishop. From Amazon.com:
* a how-to guide for programming your robot, using NXT-G and Microsoft VPL
* ten robot-specific projects show how to extend your robot's capabilities beyond the manufacturer's provided software. Examples of projects include:Maze solver,Robot House Builder,Search (obstacle avoidance),Song and Dance Act
* flowcharts and data flow diagrams are used to illustrate how to develop programs
* introduces basic programming structures
* includes a DVD w/ e-text, programming code, and link to accompanying website
If you have any more information on the book, please let us know.
ps. And a note to Syngress: It's LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT - all caps - just a friendly reminder from those of us who have heard from the LEGO legal department in the past ;)