NXT-G Online: A Virtual Programming Teaching Environment
Here is a video showing NXT-G Online:
To help better understand what is going on in the video, here is the sequence of chronologically events:
- A challenge was selected - a video that came up introduced the challenge.
- The simulated NXT-G programming environment was opened
- Wrote some code (4 motor blocks were dragged onto the palette, and each was set at a different power level).
- Downloaded the NXT-G program to the virtual NXT robot, which automatically opened the virtual environment.
- The robot was moved to where we wanted it to start.
- The virtual NXT brick was opened and we ran the program that was just created. The robot moved accordingly.
Note that the release version of NXT-G Online also has the ability select different sensors and motors for the virtual robot after which you can go back and change your code to make use of your modifications.
Thank you Johnson and your colleagues at Semia for creating this very useful tool.