Mar 8, 2009
Did you ever want to know how fast your reflexes were?
This little device can measure how quickly you can react to a 'beep'.
Here's how it works:
- Turn on the NXT and press the button
- A random length of time (1-5 seconds) elapses and then a short 'beep' is played
- You need to clap your hands as soon as you hear the beep
- The time between when the 'beep' is played and when the clap is heard is recorded
- This time is then converted into an angle (0 seconds = 0 degrees, 0.9 seconds = 180 degrees)
- This angle is sent to the motor, which pauses for 2 seconds before returning back to the start.
- If you take too long (more than 0.9 seconds, the device makes an error sound and no time is displayed)