- Copy the contents of the installation CD onto the Desktop
- Open the copied folder and look under "Parts". Under Parts, location the "MindstormsUnivEdu.pkg" (if you are trying to install the Educational version) or "MindstormsUnivRet.pkg" (if you are working from the Retail install CD).
- Control-click (or right-click, if you have a two-button mouse) on the package, and choose "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu. This allows you to poke about in the normally "sealed" installation package.
- Go into the revealed Contents/Resources directory and delete the "preflight" file (toss it in the trash)
- Close this package and then run it like a normal install from this modified version on your desktop. Mindstorms NXT should install properly.
Please let us know if this fixed your 10.6 problems, or brought up new ones.