Now there are quite a few other WiFi sensors for the NXT out there, but this packs a whole lot more on board, over and above basic communication via WiFi.
- On board webserver, which means you can create your very own web interface directly on the unit itself
- Control your NXT from any device from anywhere in the world
- Lithium-Polymer Batter that can be charged over USB
- Can handle TCP, UDP Sockets, SMTP(email) and SNTP(clock/calendar)
- Allows you to directly control a robot from iPhone, iPod and iPads (as well as any other mobile device)
Now he has a protoype already working, but is going down the crowdsourcing route to fund a first run of 100 units. Here's your chance to get in early and help make it a reality. Once he gets to his funding goal, the orders will go ahead.
There are several tiers of support you can choose:
- € 10 or more - Public thanks on project website, and one of his LEGO MINDSTORMS books in digital format.
- € 80 or more - Public thanks on project website, and 1 (one) NXT2WIFI device for free. (instead of 100€ + shipping cost)
- € 500 or more - Public thanks on project website, and 8 (eight) NXT2WIFI devices for free. (instead of 800€ + shipping cost)
- € 1000 or more - Public thanks on project website, and 18 (eighteen) NXT2WIFI devices for free. (instead of 1800€ + shipping cost)
You can see the full specs here - http://robotics.benedettelli.com/sensors/NXT2WIFI/NXT2WIFI_datasheet_eng.pdf