|IT WILL BREAK YOUR NXT-G |
BUT IT'S OK
When this happened I was a very upset... so i posted a comment on my FB and Raghav a student I met in India confirmed to me that he got his working on a new 10.8... Really? Cool!... So i tried something.
I simply re-installed the program from the available ISO (not the cd) on the LEGO website and luckily it all worked just fine after that!! Since this will happen to others let me share the workaround:
|Content of MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0.iso|
with EngRet.mpkg selected
1) Do a Time Machine backup and go ahead * update your mac to Mountain Lion
2) Go to http://service.LEGO.com/en-us/helptopics/?questionid=2655 and download the MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0.iso file
3) If double clicking on the iso file gives you authority issue simply right click on it and select OPEN
4) Don't bother with the Install icon, instead just pick your language Ger Dut Eng Fra Ret.mpkg
|Icons found once installed|
6) Accept licenses
7) Reboot to complete
8) Click on the NXT-G icon in the Application folder or from your dock -like before- and now you can get back to work on that robot program :)
|My import block collection, |
some installed without owning the senor just to check them out!
I also posted an answer here** and I hope niltz and afink1966 can get their's working soon!
Let us know how this works for you :)
N.B.: The iso file for NXT-G Retail is also good for installing on Windows system. ;)
* if you are worried don't install 10.8
**LEGO forum link http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/showpost.aspx?PostID=6319295#6319295