LEGO SYSTEMS Launches “Are You a LEGO Maker?” Challenge to Transform Ideas into Prototypes
This is the last call. 3 days left to enter your ideas.
(the text below is taken from the press release) www.LEGO.com/Maker
The “Are You a LEGO Maker?” Prototyping Challenge is for makers, ages 13 years and older, from around the United States.
How to apply
Please email your entry to LEGOMaker@LEGO.com by 11:59 pm July 13, 2015. Your entry should include the following:
- Name, age
- Contact information
- Name of Project/Idea
- Please tell us in 100 words or less about your idea – are you trying to solve a problem? Innovate on something everyday?
- Please tell us in 300 words or less why you want a Prototyping Kit to “power up” your innovative process.
- As part of your entry you must attach one key image to illustrate your idea. This image can be a photograph, computer rendering and/or hand drawn illustration. The resolution must be 300 dpi and not exceed 3MB file.
- Optional: you may also submit video material to illustrate your entry. Please submit a link to view the video and note that judges may not be able to watch the entire video.
PRIZES: There will be 50 LEGO® Prototyping Prize Packages awarded, each consisting of:
- One LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 set (set #31313) (retail value: $349.99)
- A package of approximately 1000 assorted LEGO bricks and elements (estimated retail value: $75.00)
- One 30-minute virtual session with a LEGO MINDSTORMS Expert Builder (specific times provided at sponsor discretion) (estimated retail value: $100.00)
- One copy of The Spirit of Invention: The Story of the Thinkers, Creators, and Dreamers Who Formed Our Nation book (estimated retail value: $29.99).
- Total approximate retail value of each Prize Package is $554.98.
Make sure you read and understand all the rules and regulation here before you enter --> http://campaigns.lego.com/maker/about
It's Friday, you got till Monday
*Your choice of Jon Lazar, Ralph Hempel , Will Gorman , Andrew Milluzzi or Marc-Andre Bazergui :)